This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Try this DIY Foaming Hand Soap, it is so easy to make and will save you hundreds of dollars a year. This recipe costs less $1.15 per bottle vs $3.50 to $4.75 or more for store-bought versions.
Making your own foaming hand soap is a great way to save money on a product you use several times a day. This is a great and simple way to make a more natural, healthier, and much cheaper foaming hand soap at home and it won’t cost you $3.50 to $4.75 a bottle or more a bottle that you would normally pay at a drugstore.
It is so simple and takes very little time to make. All you need is a few simple and easy to find ingredients.
The one thing I would suggest is if you currently have foaming hand soap dispensers, save them (once they are empty) to try this out first to make sure it is for you. There are tons of different dispensers you can buy online. You can purchase some for anywhere from $3 – $4 dollars to $10 – $15 dollars. If you like this recipe and are going to use this in your daily life, then I would suggest buying a sturdy dispenser, that will be well worth the price. Until then, reuse a dispenser you already have to save.
DIY Foaming Hand Soap
- Water boiled is best but not necessary if it won’t be sitting around unused for 2 or 3 weeks.
- 2 tablespoons of Liquid Castile Soap
- ½ tsp liquid oil like olive oil or almond oil, a great choice is vitamin E oil which is also a natural preservative.
- A few drops of Tea tree oil (optional if you want your soap to also be antibacterial)
- A few drops of Essential oils of choice (optional for scent)
- Fill the soap dispenser to about 1 inch of the top
- Add at least 2 tablespoons of liquid Castille soap to the water mixture, do not add the soap first or it will create bubbles when the water is added.
- Add the oil (optional but it helps preserve the life of the dispenser) and any essential oils if you are using them.
- Close and lightly swish to mix.
- Use as you would any regular foaming soap.
There you have it, a simple and quick way to make your own DIY foaming hand soap that will keep your hard earned money in your pocket.
Check out more DIY product HERE.
Please leave a comment to share any experiences or other tips/recipes you might have.