This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Frugal & Easy Pasta Meals
Looking for frugal & easy pasta meals? I put together some great pasta recipes that will spice up dinner time. Plus you know your kids will love them, what kid (or adult) doesn’t love pasta!!
- 1 box of Rigatoni pasta (or similar)
- 6 oz or ¾ cup of basil pesto (jarred or homemade)
- Pint of cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan & Romano shredded cheese mix
- 2 Avocados
- Boil water and cook the rigatoni for about 8 minutes. Rinse and drain and pour the pasta into a 9X13 baking pan. Cut one or two avocados into bite size pieces and leave on the side. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Add the pesto and tomatoes to the pasta and stir. Add about a half cup of the paremsan & romano cheese mix and stir. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and heated through.
- Serve hot and top with the cut avocado. (I prefer just cutting up the avocado and adding after the dish bakes. If you bake the avocado in the pasta, the avocados turn a yucky brown the next day if you have any left over. Therefore I just cut and add fresh avocado as we eat it. We usually get 2 dinners out of this meal for a family of 4.)
- Visit http://happydealhappyday.com/ for more great recipes
- 6 ounces cooked spicy Italian sausage (2 links), sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 ounces orecchiette pasta (1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup arugula, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup finely grated asiago or parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add diced onions and garlic. Cook until the onions soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce to medium heat. Stir in orecchiette pasta. Add more broth if necessary until the orecchiette is mostly submerged. Let simmer until the orecchiette is tender and the pan is dry, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the orecchiette hasn't finished cooking but the pan is dry, add more broth. Add salt to taste, if necessary.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in arugula and sliced sausage, cooking until the arugula wilts and the sausage is hot. Serve in bowls and top with asiago cheese.
- Check http://www.savorytooth.com/ out for more great recipes
- • 1½ cups Macaroni (elbows, rigatoni, any type of macaroni except long noodles or spaghetti types)
- • ½ lb Italian Sausage, diced
- • 1 medium Onion, chopped
- • 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- • 1 Green Pepper, diced
- • 2 cups Fresh Mushrooms, diced
- • 16oz Pasta Sauce
- • 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- • 2 Eggs, beaten
- • ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- • 1 cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- • Preheat oven to 350°.
- • Grease a 13″x9″ casserole dish with a non-stick spray; set aside.
- • Cook macaroni until just tender, drain well.
- • In a large pan on the stove over a medium heat, sauté until brown sausage, onion, garlic, green pepper and mushrooms; drain off any fat.
- • Remove one cup of the meat and vegetable mixture, reserve for later.
- • Stir pasta sauce and oregano into the meat mixture left in the pan; simmer for 5 minutes.
- • Combine macaroni, beaten eggs and Parmesan cheese.
- • Cover the bottom of your greased 13″x9″ pan with the macaroni mixture.
- • Spoon the meat sauce mixture from the pan on the stove evenly over the macaroni mixture.
- • Top with mozzarella, and then the reserved cup of meat and vegetable mixture.
- • Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 25-30 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.
- • Remove Macaroni Pizza Casserole from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- • Refrigerate leftovers.
- • Note: you can vary the toppings if so desired.
- Visit http://www.annsentitledlife.com for more great recipes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 16 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 32 ounces reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in macaroni, broth, milk, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, and onion powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of cheese until melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Visit http://www.myjoyfilledlife.com/ for more great recipes
- 2 16-ounce jars mild thick and chunky salsa (see note)
- 1 10-ounce can mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 25-ounce bag frozen beef ravioli (see note)
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded, reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend
- Optional fillings/toppings: chopped cilantro, black beans, sliced black olives, chopped jalapeños, canned green chilies, thinly sliced green onions, reduced-fat sour cream, Mexican hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix salsa, enchilada sauce, corn and water together in a medium bowl.
- Spread 1½ cups salsa mixture in the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 baking pan.
- Spread about half of the ravioli evenly across the salsa.
- Sprinkle ravioli evenly with half of the cheese, then spread remaining ravioli on top.
- Pour the remaining salsa mixture over ravioli layers, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 15-20 minutes or until ravioli is tender and cheese is bubbly.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes to allow sauce to thicken, if desired.
- Visit http://twohealthykitchens.com/ for more great recipes
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with Italian spices (or add your own)
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat pasta
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth (I use jarred Better Than Bouillon)
- In a large skillet over medium/high heat, saute the onion and green pepper until soft.
- Add the ground turkey, breaking up into small pieces. Once cooked, remove from pan with a slotted spoon, leaving the drippings/juice. Set the meat mixture aside.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the beef broth, tomatoes, and pasta. Stir to coat all of the pasta. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Return turkey vegetable mixture to the skillet and stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese. Heat through.
- Serve with remaining Parmesan sprinkled on top.
- Visit http://www.moneywisemoms.com/ for more great recipes
Here are a few more great frugal recipe posts that you will love!!
Frugal Friendly Casserole Recipes
Frugal and Easy Crock Pot Recipes
Need a bit of help in the kitchen and with meal planning? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of $5 Meal Plan.
Looking for more ways to save money in the kitchen? Here are some post that can help…
How I Slashed my Grocery Budget in Half…And so can you!
Organize Your Pantry to Save Money
Meal Planning Made Easy
Top Ten Money Saving Apps
Get your FREE EBOOK!!
20 Ways to Improve Your Finances in Under 20 Minutes