This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Cheap Meals ~ Frugal & Easy Crock Pot Meals
Looking for frugal and easy crock pot meals that you can just throw in your crock pot for an easy dinner. Check out these delicious recipes for quick and easy weeknight dinners. And your kids will be sure to love!!!
Crock pot cooking is a great way to save time and money. And the best part about it is that you can just set it and forget it. Throw all you ingredients in you slow cooker, program it to start any time you desire and arrive home for a ready made dinner. What could be easier!!
- 1 bottle of honey BBQ sauce
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts (I used Zaycon chicken breasts)
- 8oz can of crushed pineapple
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with a non stick spray.
- Layer the chicken, crushed pineapple, and BBQ sauce.
- Turn the slow cooker on low for four hours. (At about the two hour mark, I stirred mine.)
- Make sure you use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve over rice or pasta. I used my rice cooker to make white rice. My rice cooker is another kitchen appliance that saves me a ton of time!
- Check out more great recipes at Penny Pincher Jenny @ http://pennypincherjenny.com/
- One container or square of cream cheese
- One Packet of Italian dressing seasoning
- Chicken Breast (love my chicken from Zaycon don’t know what Zaycon is? See why I love it -> here)
- Can of cream of chicken
- Spray your crock pot with nonstick spray (I use my ->Homemade Non Stick Spray)
- Place in your chicken breasts
- Place cream cheese and cream of chicken on top of the chicken breasts
- Sprinkle packet of IItalian dressing seasoning over the ingredients
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (I stirred half way through to make sure it was all mixed up)
- Serve with rice or pasta
- For more great recipes check out Penny Pinchen Jenny @ http://pennypincherjenny.com/
- Chicken Drumsticks
- tomatoes or canned tomatoes
- brown sugar or succanat
- garlic powder
- Cut up the onion and fry in olive oil.
- After the onion cooked down a little I added the garlic powder, salt, tomatoes, and succanat.
- I let this simmer for a while for the flavors to come together.
- Put in the crockpot with the chicken. Cook together until the chicken is cooked through.
- Check out Little House Living for more great recipes @ http://www.littlehouseliving.com/
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1.25-ounce packet low-sodium taco seasoning (see note)
- 1 16-ounce jar of your favorite salsa
- For serving: tortillas or taco shells and your choice of optional toppings, such as shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, black beans, corn, chopped avocados or guacamole, reduced-fat sour cream, and hot sauce
- Place chicken in the bottom of the crock-pot.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Pour salsa on top.
- Cook on low (for 6-8 hours) or high (for 4 hours).
- Just before serving, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Stir to evenly distribute salsa throughout chicken.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.
- Visit Two Healthy Kitchens for more great recipes
- 200g Egg Noodles
- 50g Brown Turkey Meat
- 50g White Turkey Meat
- 25g Spring Onion (diced)
- ½ Red Pepper (cut into small strips)
- 1Tbsp Turkey Stock
- 3Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1Tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 1Tsp Honey
- 1Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1Tsp Ginger (grated)
- 3Tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1Tsp Mixed Spice
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare your turkey - pull it apart so that it is a mix of small stringy pieces and traditional stir fry sized pieces.
- Place your meat, vegetables and noodles into your slow cooker.
- Stir in the seasoning as well as your turkey stock.
- Place the slow cooker on the high setting and cook for 2 hours or until the peppers are nicely soft and the noodles are well cooked.
- For more great dinner ideas visit Recipe This @ https://recipethis.com/
- 1 1/2 cups Barley
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 Medium Onion, chopped
- 3 Carrots, sliced
- 2 Medium Potatoes, cubed
- 3 Cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 t Salt (or more to taste)
- 1 t Cumin
- 1 t Hatch Chile Powder
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on high for about 3 hours.
- Visit Mama Likes to cook for more great recipes
Looking for more ways to save money in the kitchen? Here are some post that can help…
How I Slashed my Grocery Budget in Half…And so can you!
Organize Your Pantry to Save Money
Meal Planning Made Easy
Top Ten Money Saving Apps
Meal planning worksheet
Download your free meal planning worksheet.