This post may contain affiliate links
How to Make DIY Laundry Detergent
If you are looking for a healthier and cheaper option to doing laundry? You should consider making your own DIY laundry detergent. This recipe doesn’t contain all the harsh ingredients that are in store bought detergents that might irritate you skin.
Plus making your own DIY laundry detergent is so easy and will save you tons of money every year. So why not give it a try? You have nothing to lose!
This recipe is for a 72 load batch of powdered laundry detergent. You can double or triple this recipe if you like to make larger batches to save on time if you prefer.
- 6 cups Borax
- 4 cups washing soda any brand – doesn’t need to be arm and hammer
- 4 cups grated bar soap of your choice
- Grate your bar soap
- Combine all ingredients in a large container or bucket add a few ingredients at a time to make it easier to blend.
- Store in an airtight covered container.
- Use 1/8 cup per load, or more for larger or soiled loads of laundry.
There you have it, a super simple way to make DIY Laundry Detergent that will save you lots of money over time. You can use this along with my recipe for DIY laundry softener to save a bundle.
Do you make your own laundry detergent or any other DIY home recipe that saves money? Please share your thoughts by leaving a comment.
Please sign up for my newsletter if you would like to get more money saving tips delivered straight to your inbox!!
**This post may contain affiliate links.
Get your free ebook!!
20 Ways to Improve Your Finances in Under 20 Minutes